- Features rose hips for added antioxidant support
- Immune system support
- Helps neutralize free radicals in body
What is Swanson Vitamin C with Rose Hips?
Rose Hips are taken from the rose plant, a perennial plant characterised by its thorny branches, pink or white flowers and dark orange to red/purple fruits. Native to Europe, North Africa and parts of Asia, the fruit can be eaten like a berry or made into delicious treats such as jams, fruity teas, bread, wine and jelly. The hips are seeds inside the fruit of the rose plant and have long been discovered to have benefits to health.
Fresh Rose Hips contain a number of natural nutrients including Vitamin E, Vitamin C, beta-carotene and lycopene. One of the richest natural plant sources, Rose Hips shares the many benefits that the well known Vitamin C has for health including boosting the immune system and providing that important antioxidant protection against damage causing free radicals. Whilst fresh Rose Hips are not relatively easily purchased in your local supermarket or health store, Swanson, a US supplier and manufacturer of supplements to support health have harnessed the power of dried Rose Hips and fortified it further with other Vitamin C to boost its potency and effectiveness into a convenient supplement capsule.
What is Swanson Vitamin C with Rose Hips used for?
Rose Hips are rich source of Vitamin C and when dried and combined in a supplement from Swanson, Rose Hips works to help boost the effectiveness of Vitamin C in the body, supporting its absorption and enhance its antioxidant protection.
Taken as part of a healthy and balanced lifestyle, Swanson Vitamin C with Rose Hips dietary supplements may have the following benefits to health:
- Rose Hips works to support the digestive system and may help to alleviate stomach discomforts.
- Enhances the effectiveness of Vitamin C and the well known benefits of this essential nourishing nutrient.
- Promotes free radical antioxidant protection with the help of bioflavonoids in Rose Hips.
- Rose Hips works with Vitamin C to strengthen the immune system to fight of viruses.
- May help to reduce the stiffness and mobility function of people with osteoarthritis.
- Rose Hips maintains good blood circulation and could help prevent heart disease.
- By working to regulate blood sugar levels, early research suggests that Rose Hips may help to prevent diabetes and maintain good cholesterol levels.
What is the recommended dose of Swanson Vitamin C with Rose Hips?
Swanson recommend that you take one 1,000mg Swanson Vitamin C with Rose Hips capsule one to two times a day with water and food.